Tuesday 22 October 2013

Percy Jackson: And The Lightning Thief

I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher.
Percy Jackson: And The Lightning Thief is the first installment to the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Percy Jackson was made out to be another one of those big "must read" books and I wholeheartedly agree! This novel was defiantly a gift from the Gods - pun was intended - It was an all round great read. Percy Jackson: And The Lightning Thief had a great story line that was easy to follow and just as easy to get hooked on. I couldn't put this book down, I loved every paragraph! It was such a gripping read with suspense, adventure and action this book has go it all.®  Percy was a normal boy until one day strange things started happening. Monsters were chasing him and his maths teacher was one of them! When he is forced to go to Camp Half-Blood he finds out he is the son of Poseidon God of the sea. But with finding that out means danger to both Percy and his friends. Who embark on a quest to find Zeus's lighting bolt which Percy has been accused of stealing for his father. Will they get the lightning bolt back to Zeus in time to save Percy's life and stop the brewing war?
I never asked to be the son of a Greek God.
Summary from book jacket:
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidently vaporized my maths teacher. That's when things really started going wrong. Now I spend my time fighting with swords, battling monsters with my friends and generally trying to stay alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment